Friday, December 20, 2013

Welcome to My Classroom!

Let me begin by introducing myself.  I am an elementary music teacher and children's choir director in Boulder, CO. I am in my sixth year of teaching and have taught K-12 general music and choir over the course my career. Although I love working with older students, my heart truly belongs to teaching young children, and I am so happy to be back to teaching full-time elementary this year!

I have a Master's Degree in Music Education from Colorado State University, specializing in Kodály Methodology. I have also completed one level of Orff Schulwerk training and have served on regional boards for the American Orff Schulwerk Association. My passions include children's choirs, instructional technology, and teaching music literacy in the general music classroom.

I have to admit, I feel like I am a little late to join the blogger world! There is so much amazing work being posted on teaching blogs and TpT that it can be a little intimidating to dive in! However, I hope you will find some ideas and inspirations on this blog that make your day-to-day life in the music room a little bit easier!

I am going to begin my blogging adventure with a series of posts on some of my favorite melodic and rhythmic warm-ups for the general music classroom and choir rehearsal. Please check back often for ideas and tricks that will help your students on the path to music literacy!

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment